Swim Ireland is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced swimming coach with a proven coaching and swimming development profile to assume the role of Regional Pathway Development Coach within both the Connacht and Munster Regions.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the National Performance Pathway Manager and will be an active member of the Swim Ireland Extended Performance Team and Regional Performance Pathway Advisory Group in each Region. They will have a roving role within each Region working remotely and can utilise office space both at home and in the UL Sport Pool Office on the University of Limerick Campus as necessary.
They will work collaboratively with the Regional Pathway Development Coaches in Ulster and Leinster and the Regional Support Officers in Connacht and Munster to lead and deliver a Development Pathway Programme for swimming within each Region.
The primary goal of this role will be to oversee and ensure the best possible Development Pathway delivery and coaching within Club programmes within each Region by working in conjunction with Clubs, coaches, and volunteers to ensure that opportunities and experiences for athletes exist to increase the probability of them achieving their full potential. The successful applicant will agree a fully budgeted work plan with the National Performance Pathway Manager to allow them to deliver the agreed areas of work.
The Regional Pathway Development Coach will operate according to the Swim Ireland Performance Department Vision and the Swim Ireland 2021-2024 Performance Plan.
“High performing people in a high performance system working in unison to consistently achieve Olympic and World medals.”
Applicants must display:
- Knowledge and experience in the development, organisation, implementation, and coordination of high performing Club programmes at Development level and the development of athletes through appropriate coaching standards and expectations to ensure that all individuals within each Region are given the opportunity to achieve their potential, including an understanding of swimming specific Long Term Athlete Development models
- Excellent communication skills, including the mentoring, managing, and enabling of Club swimming coaches, volunteers, and other key partners
- A track record of building and maintaining strong working relationships with Clubs, coaches, athletes, athlete families, schools, and partner service providers to continually encourage the ‘team around the athlete’ to progress them towards the next level of their individual development
- An understanding of the National Programme to ensure the continued success of competitive swimming within Swim Ireland
Informal enquires in the first instance can be made to the National Performance Pathway Manager via +353864678125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and should be made by submitting the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter to include a personal statement addressing the essential criteria, and why an applicant believes their skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position
- A comprehensive CV relevant to the position, including three referees, one of which must be the current employer
This salary is commensurate with experience and qualification levels attained
Closing Date: 1200 GMT 28th July 2021