Website Siel Bleu
Siel Bleu has two openings for Physical Trainers, one based in North Dublin and one in South Dublin.
Location: North Dublin , South Dublin
Contract Type: Full time
Reports To: Senior Management Team
What is a Physical Trainer?
Siel Bleu Physical Trainers (PT) are highly educated and skilled in the delivery of physical activity programmes in a variety of settings. Our physical trainers are empathetic and driven to make a change in the lives of older adults, people with chronic conditions and with physical or intellectual disabilities through exercise.
About Siel Bleu Ireland:
Siel Bleu Ireland is a non-profit organisation delivering life enhancing exercise programmes to older adults and adults living with chronic disease and physical or intellectual disabilities. With over 22 years of experience across Europe, we have developed innovative ways to improve the physical, social and mental wellbeing of Ireland’s older adults in nursing homes, communities, in private homes and with Patient Groups.
What does the role involve?
Training: Each PT will be participating in our in-house “Train the Trainer” programme, equipping them with best practice experience collected from over 22 years of working with older people across Europe. Training will cover aspects including:
- Knowledge Transfer: understanding SBI and our history
- Role Overview: understanding responsibilities and expectations
- Siel Bleu Programmes and exercises
- Shadowing Programme: Shadowing an experienced PT for a number of designated sessions
Programme delivery: Utilising training and Siel Bleu programmes to prepare and deliver engaging, inspiring physical activity programmes with a goal of improving the physical, social and mental wellbeing of the participants. Adapting programmes to suit the needs of each participant in the following settings;
- Nursing Home
- With a Patient Advocacy Group
- In a Community Group setting
- One to One in Private Homes.
Evaluations, Reporting & Administration: Conduct evaluations with participants to assess their physical capabilities, needs, and goals. Compile progress reports for each participant based on progress and share information with relevant stakeholders. Weekly and/or monthly administration relevant to the role.
Special Projects: Siel Bleu PTs may have the opportunity to work on special projects from time to time, whether with Patient Advocacy Groups or with our European sisters, including the development of new projects.
What are we looking for in a Siel Bleu Physical Trainer?
We are looking for a physical trainer who –
- Is educated & experienced: Degree in Sports Science, Exercise Physiology or Health & Exercise. Masters Degree desirable
- Has knowledge and experience delivering adapted physical activity programmes
- Has experience working with older adults or with specialised populations
- Shares Siel Bleu’s mission and values
- Displays emotional intelligence, critical and strategic thinking
- Has good communication skills and the motivation to communicate Siel Bleu to new stakeholders
- Who is motivated by improvements in their clients
- Has a full Clean Drivers Licence with access to own transport
How to apply:
Please send the following Cover Letter & CV in PDF format only through the Apply Now Section below with the job title and preferred Location ie., North Dublin or South Dublin as the subject.
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the position, and include
- Your degree
- Examples of relevant experience
- How you share Siel Bleu’s mission and values
- Confirmation of full clean driver’s licence and your own car
- A CV outlining your experience and education