Location: North Dublin and South Dublin
Contract Type: Part time 5- 10 hours per week and growing into full time position.
Reports To: Senior Management Team
What is a Physical Trainer?
Siel Bleu Physical Trainers (PT) are highly educated and skilled in the delivery of physical activity programmes in a variety of settings. Our physical trainers are empathetic and driven to make a change in the lives of older adults through exercise.
About Siel Bleu Ireland:
Siel Bleu Ireland is a non profit organisation delivering life enhancing exercise programmes to older adults and adults living with chronic disease. With over 21 years of experience across Europe, we have developed innovative ways to improve the physical, social and mental wellbeing of Ireland’s older adults in nursing homes, communities, in private homes and with Patient Groups .
What does the role involve?
Training: Each PT will be participating in our in-house “Train the Trainer” programme, equipping them with best practice experience collected from over 21 years of working with older people across Europe. Training will cover aspects including:
- Knowledge Transfer: understanding SBI and our history
- Role Overview: understanding responsibilities and expectations
- Siel Bleu Programmes and exercises
- Shadowing Programme: Shadowing an experienced PT for a number of designated sessions
Delivery: Utilising training and Siel Bleu programmes to prepare and deliver engaging, inspiring physical activity programmes with a goal of improving the physical, social and mental wellbeing of the participants. Adapted programmes to suit the needs of each participant whether in a
- Nursing Home
- With a Patient Advocacy Group
- In a Community Group setting
- One to One in Private Homes.
Evaluations & Reporting: Conduct evaluations with participants to assess their physical capabilities, needs, and goals. Compile progress reports for each participant based on progress and share information with relevant stakeholders.
Special Projects: Siel Bleu PTs may have the opportunity to work on special projects from time to time, whether with Patient Advocacy Groups or with our European sisters.
What are we looking for in a Siel Bleu Physical Trainer?
We are looking for a physical trainer who –
- Is educated & experienced: Degree in Sports Science, Physical Education or Physiotherapy. Masters Degree desireable
- Knowledge and experience delivering adapted physical activity programmes
- Experience working with older adults or Patient Advocacy Groups
- Shares our mission and values
- Displays emotional intelligence, critical and strategic thinking
- Has good communication skills and the motivation to communicate Siel Bleu to new stakeholders
- Has a full Clean Drivers Licence with access to own transport
How to apply:
- Please state the location you are applying for in your application.
- Please confirm in your cover letter that you
- Hold a Degree in Sports Science, Physical Education or a related field
- Hold a full clean divers licence with access to your own car
Send CV and cover letter in PDF format only through the Apply Now section below.
Closing Date: Friday 26th April at 5pm.
For more information on the position please call 01 2096889 or email email@example.com