MULTI SKILLED LEISURE INSTRUCTOR
DLR Leisure operates and manages 4 leisure facilities and 1 Golf Club on behalf of Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. The 4 centres are:
- DLR Leisure Stepaside Golf Club
We are currently looking to grow our team and recruit new staff.
Key Responsibilities / Specific Duties
- To instruct and teach programmed sports, gym, studio classes and outdoor sports as rostered by the centre management.
- Qualified to teach a variety of classes (i.e. Spinning, Kettlebells, and Pilates etc.)
- To foster and actively promote a ‘can do’ culture and attitude, which consists: a positive team spirit, delivery of targets and customer focused service delivery.
- To demonstrate proactive positive communication for the benefit of the staff team and customers.
- To be involved in regular Team Meetings with staff as well as management in order to ensure effective communication.
- To demonstrate the utmost regard for customer services in all dealings with internal & external customers, and provide a positive image of the Leisure Facilities and DLR Leisure.
- To actively assist the Centre in continuous improvement and development of performance and quality.
- To ensure that the building is presented in an excellent condition and the quality of cleanliness is of the highest standard at all times.
- To attend the Centre, when required, on an emergency bases as a nominated “Key Holder”.
- To be responsible day-to-day for ensuring the Leisure Facilities compliance with health and safety and that they comply with all the recognised advice, guidance and directives.
- To attend the Centre, when required to cover additional shifts due to absences etc.
- To attend staff training as and when deemed necessary from your line manager.
- To cover as a knowledgeable employee all aspects of the business when required e.g. reception, gym, outdoor pitches (café, playroom - Loughlinstown only and pools in 3 facilities) etc.
Key Result Areas / Overview
- To assist the Centre to meet its performance targets/outcomes with a key focus on customer service.
- To act in a manner, which is credible, professional and promotes DLR Leisure in a positive manner considering its policies and culture?
- To deliver high quality customer focused service, which guarantees repeat custom
- To assist in the building of strong teams through leadership and motivation creating a positive ‘can do’ culture for staff to develop.
- To take responsibility for the day-to-day operational management providing a quality product/service in a safe and friendly environment.
Key Contacts / Communication Links
- Head of DLR Leisur
- Centre Manager
- All staff at Centre
- Leisure Services staff
- Community groups and hirers
In addition the jobholder will be required to
- Comply with and promote DLR Leisure Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Comply with all policies and procedures which are contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Comply with the Code of Conduct and other relevant policy, procedures and legislation.
- Comply with and / or ensure compliance with DLR Leisure Data Protection Policies and the Data protection Act and other relevant legislation.
- Comply with DLR Leisure Safety Policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of this job description. Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their supervisor, manager or other senior members of staff available.
Specific Future Job Development
As Ballyogan is currently a dry-based facility (Temporary Situation) with phase two of the Campus this position will require future development for the successful applicant.
Phase two will require all Full-Time members of staff to be Multi-skilled holding both wet and dry based qualifications, which DLR will be willing to endorse for the successful applicant.
As part of the application, we will be of the understanding that all applying for this position are willing and accept the future development terms.
Previous Leisure Instructor experience in the leisure industry is required.
The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks, which may be required of the post holder.
The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility or grade.
A full clean driving licence free from endorsements would be beneficial.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed curriculum vitae and a covering letter to through the Apply Now Section below
or post to Geraldine Dunleavy-Larkin, HR & Training Manager, DLR Leisure, Head Office, Carnegie House, Library Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
All applicants are requested to outline in bullet point format on their Curriculum Vitae the practical fitness class qualifications they currently hold.
Closing date for Applications is Tuesday 7th May