The Canon Hayes Recreation Centre in Tipperary Town boasts a vast range of state-of-the-art health, fitness, and sports facilities. It was established in 1987 to offer the people of Tipperary town and surrounding areas the latest in health & recreation services to all sectors of the community.
We are inviting applicants for the position of General Manager of the Recreation Centre. He/ She appointed will have a strong commitment to the ethos and work of leisure management and will have outstanding leadership, communication, management capabilities with a strong business development background.
To apply for this position, the ideal candidate would have the following abilities and experience.
- 3-5 years in a management role working within a fitness and leisure setting essential.
- Minimum Level 8 in Sport & Leisure Management qualifications to degree level desirable or equivalent QQI qualifications/managerial experience.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the health and fitness environment including regulations and other relevant compliance.
- It would be desirable that any applicant will have knowledge and understanding of good governance.
- Written and oral presentation skills.
- The ability to maintain and develop excellent working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and time management skills.
- It would be desirable that the successful candidate will have adequate knowledge of grant application process.
All applicants must be advised that Garda vetting will apply.
The successful applicant must undergo a medical examination as a pre requisite to take up the post.
Starting Salary: €36,000.
Shortlisting will apply.
Closing Date: Candidates should apply, in confidence, before 5:00pm on the 28th June 2021
For full job specification and all questions and queries please contact: email@example.com
Successful applicants will advised of an interview date following closure of applications process
Please forward your C.V and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Late Submissions will not be accepted