Games Promotion Officer in Hurling/Football
Coiste Chontae Mhuineachain
Are seeking to employ a
GAMES PROMOTION OFFICER IN HURLING/FOOTBALL
COISTE CHONTAE MHUINEACHAIN is seeking to recruit a candidate who can deliver schools GAA coaching programme’s in both Hurling and Football. This post will include Hurling development squads coaching and Easter & summer camp coaching as well as club development initiatives in both Hurling & Football. In addition to this, demonstrate experience & a skills set in, writing reports, delivering power point presentations and general office duties. The post is based on funding for it being retained and will commence immediately.
The successful candidate will be contracted to work at locations throughout the County at the Games Development Manager’s discretion and direction. The candidate will be required to carry out administrative duties and he / she must also be prepared to do evening and weekend work. The applicant will be required to attend GAA and generic coaching courses and conferences.
SOME KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST ARE:
- Third Level qualification in a sports related field desirable.
- GAA Foundation Award in Hurling & Football is essential.
- Proven experience of coaching children and youths in Hurling & Football.
- Experience of Development Squad Coaching and Summer Camp Coaching is desirable.
- Experience in Developing Coaching Programmes in Hurling & Football.
- Be capable and competent in verbal and written communication and also in completing a range of administrative tasks both IT and manual.
- The successful candidate must stay in the position for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Garda vetting is required.
- Applicant must hold full driver’s license
Applicants should note that they will be required to demonstrate that they meet all of these requirements at the time submitting their CV.
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Have the ability and skills to work with children
- Ability to work and to manage multiple initiatives and deadlines.
This position will be for 39 hours per week. The salary will be discussed at interview.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY 1ST OCTOBER
CV’s accompanied by copies of qualifications as stated above through the Apply Now Section below to Paul O’Connor, Games Development Manager, Cloghan Annyalla, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan. Tel. No. 086 8374827