Munster and Connacht Development Officer
Triathlon Ireland - the national governing body for the sports of triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon and aquabike is seeking applications to fill the role of Munster and Connacht Development Officer.
Initially, this role will cover Connacht and Munster until end 2018. Subject to performance and delivery of KPIs, the intention is that this full-time role will exclusively focus on the Connacht region from January 2019 onwards.
The Development Officer will be responsible for ensuring that Triathlon Ireland achieves its Operation Plan goals in the supported region, which will require;
- Undertaking an audit of existing clubs, participation and coaching provision throughout the region,
- Implement club development programmes
- Regional Management of Tri Heroes Schools Programme across both regions.
- Delivery of Regional Schools Events and support of National Schools Events
- Develop relationships with Local Sports Partnerships
- Encourage the development of Junior sections within clubs.
- Develop and maintain a positive profile throughout the club network as an ambassador for the sport and for Triathlon Ireland.
- Growing new clubs, expanding existing clubs, increasing participation through more quality races and developing our volunteers through coach, official and volunteer courses.
- Overseeing the delivery of more opportunities for people who have never previously taken part in triathlon to become active; including those that are currently inactive, contemplating physical activity or moving on from their current sport
- Support of Triathlon Ireland’s Equally Inspiring Plan.
The full job description can be downloaded here.
Applications with a CV and cover letter should be made through the Apply Now Section below by close of business on 27th April 2018.
Interviews will be held on 2nd and 3rd May 2018.