Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Wesley College, Dublin is seeking to recruit a Strength and Conditioning Coach.
The Strength and Conditioning Coach will
- Co-ordinate and run a Strength and Conditioning facility in the College to complement Rugby, Hockey, Badminton, Athletics programmes and general fitness requirements of College teams and pupils;
- Oversee the daily administration and management of strength and conditioning programmes for Wesley College teams and improve the performance levels of players and individuals;
- Supervise/instruct players/pupils in the weight room conditioning and assist with individualized programmes as required;
- Lead off-season strength and conditioning.
- The successful candidate will manage the College Indoor Sports Facility.
- He/she will facilitate evening lettings to outside groups to provide an income from the facility;
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance, general security and cleanliness liaising with the College Bursar and Property Manager;
- Liaise and co-operate with the College PE staff, supporting PE programmes during school hours;
- Hire staff, under the authority of the College, to assist with strength and conditioning programmes as required.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing and strongly motivated. S/he will have excellent communication and collaboration skills with the capability to interact easily with players, coaches and Wesley staff. S/he will have the ability to adjust his/her coaching style to match the learning style of individual players and pupils and motivate them to achieve their highest potential, the ability to successfully articulate the goals of the strength and conditioning programmes, and have the capacity and willingness to learn and evolve.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A recognised degree or Higher National Diploma in Physical Education, Sports Science, Strength & Conditioning, or equivalent
- A recognised professional strength and conditioning certification (NSCA / UKSCA / other) or ability to acquire within 6 months of starting
- A recognised First Aid Certification (CPR/AED)
- Garda Vetting (or ability to acquire before beginning the role)
- Previous Strength and Conditioning experience working with youth / development athletes will be an advantage
- Experience working as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of strength and conditioning principles
Abilities / Skills:
- Effective time management and proven ability to work independently
- Ability to produce summary reports, both verbally and written, for athletes, teams and fellow coaches/ staff
- Highly motivated, proactive and willingness for work flexibility
- Excellent role model for students
- Responsible for own continuous professional development
- Computer literacy skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
Applications for the position of Wesley College, Strength and Conditioning Coach should be made to The Principal, Wesley College, through the Apply Now Section with the subject “Strength and Conditioning Coach Application” by 19th October 2018. Candidates should submit CV and written references, where available. The names and contact details of two referees must be supplied.
Wesley College is an equal opportunities employer