Get Ireland Swimming Marketing Officer
Ireland Active- Get Ireland Swimming Marketing Officer
Ireland Active, the national association for leisure, health and fitness are seeking a Get Ireland Swimming Marketing Officer to join our team following a successful application in partnership with Swim Ireland for investment from the Sport Ireland/Healthy Ireland Fund. The role is part of our strategy to engage in partnerships to get more people, more active, whilst delivering on the National Physical Activity Plan’s action to Get Ireland Swimming. This is a nine-month contract with capacity for continuation beyond (subject to grant funding).
The ideal candidate will be a marketing professional with a knowledge of the aquatic leisure/swimming sector, with an interest in sport and physical activity and relevant experience in the industry.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Ireland Active head office in Dublin. Due to some travel involved, a clean current full driving licence and own car is essential. Interviews: Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place during July/August 2018
Closing date: Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Friday 20th July 2018
If you would like to apply for the role of Get Ireland Swimming Marketing Officer as indicated above, please send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience, a letter outlining your suitability and match to the requirements, together with the names and contact details of two people (Relatives or friends will not be accepted) who can comment on your suitability for this position (including your current or most recent employer). Referees will not be contacted without your permission.
Applications should be sent through the Apply Now section below or by post to Conn McCluskey, Ireland Active, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
For further information on the role, please see the detailed job description and person specification and/or contact Conn McCluskey, 01-6251192 / email@example.com
Ireland Active is an equal opportunities employer and
Successful candidates will only be offered the position subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting, Medical and completion of Safeguarding requirements.
Contract Type: 9 months part-time (20-25 hours/week)
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
IRELAND ACTIVE GET IRELAND SWIMMING MARKETING OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
CEO, Ireland Active
The Ireland Active GIS Marketing Officer will be the lead in promoting the Get Ireland Swimming initiative to facilities, the public and other stakeholders and along with the Swim Ireland GIS National Coordinator will assist in coordinating with Ireland Active member leisure facilities. They will promote the initiative, develop resources and evaluation methods, and act as a facilitator for the project within Ireland Active and in partnership with Swim Ireland.
The IA GIS Marketing Officer will have knowledge of website development, videography and social media platforms and how to deliver relevant information on them.
Knowledge of sporting structures in Ireland and of the different sporting bodies including NGB,s, LSP’s etc... is desirable.
Responsibilities for the GIS Marketing Officer will include but are not limited to-
- Develop and deliver content for a Get Ireland Swimming website
- Be responsible for the development maintenance and updating of a GIS website
- Develop a GIS Marketing Plan
- Develop and deliver a social media strategy for GIS
- Look for opportunities to raise the profile of GIS and actively promote GIS using all forms of media
- Develop a Sponsorship Strategy for GIS
- Work with the Swim Ireland Co-ordinator to establish and develop links with local authorities, Local Sports Partnerships, swimming facilities, clubs, schools and others as required
- Produce monthly reports detailing progress
- Other duties as requested
IRELAND ACTIVE GET IRELAND SWIMMING MARKETING OFFICER PERSON SEPCIFICATION
Qualification - Essential
- Relevant third level qualification to degree level and relevant experience
- Current and active drivers’ licence
- At least 3 - 4 years’ experience in the workforce
- Experience of working within aquatic facilities/swim environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of leading a project and seeing it through successfully
- Experience of delivering successful programmes and/or events
- Database use & budgeting
- An understanding of the sports and leisure environment
Knowledge - Essential
- Knowledge of sporting structures in Ireland and of the different sporting bodies including NGB,s, facilities, LSP’s etc...
- Knowledge of website development, videography and social media platforms and how to deliver relevant information on them.
Personal Qualities and skills - Essential
- Comprehensive presentation, literacy, numeric and IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Database)
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a range of personnel and build relationships
- Self-motivated, organised, enthusiastic and committed
- Ability to report effectively
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A strong team player
Other - Essential
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Willingness to work unsocial hours
- A current work permit, where required