St. Anne’s Golf Club is a long-established member owned club which will celebrate its centenary in 2021. The Club is located on North Bull Island, Dollymount , approximately five miles from Dublin city centre. It is a mature eighteen-hole links golf course with very active golf sections for men, ladies and juniors. The Club also operates a golf retail facility, restaurant (franchised) and bar facility from its modern clubhouse which commands spectacular views of the golf course and Dublin Bay.
The Club is now seeking applications for the position of Club Manager. Reporting to the Honorary Secretary and working closely with other Club Officers, the successful applicant will be responsible for all of the day- to- day operations of the Club with a strong emphasis on the provision of a quality service offering to members and visitors.
In particular, the Club Manager will:
- Supervise and manage the Club’s course and clubhouse staff (currently ten).
- Work closely with the Head Greenkeeper, Links Officer, agronomy advisers and course architect to ensure delivery of the golf course maintenance and development programme.
- Ensure that the clubhouse and environs are maintained to the highest standards at all times and that the restaurant, bar and golf retail facilities are operating effectively.
- Manage day to day financial activity ensuring controls and procedures are operated effectively and work closely with the Club’s external provider of accountancy services.
- Continue to develop the sales and marketing strategy to deliver green fee and other income targets by promoting the Club to tour operators, domestic and international visitors and societies.
- Manage important communication channels between the Club and its’ members including the Club website, social media and a monthly newsletter.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Club.
- Manage delivery of capital projects under the Club’s “Vision 2021” programme ensuring on time and value for money completion.
To be considered for this key role applicants are required to have the following :
- Experience in managing sporting club operations and a proven track record in providing a quality service to club members and visitors.
- Demonstrable experience in day- to -day financial management.
- Strong evidence of project management skills.
- Previous experience of managing a team and working with stakeholders
- Excellent administration and organisation skills
- Familiarity with the workings of a modern computerized office environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ideally, applicants should have experience of supervising golf course management and upkeep.
Applications (including cover letter and CV evidencing the above skills) should be addressed to:
The Honorary Secretary, St. Anne’s Golf Club, North Bull Island, Dollymount, Dublin 5.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 27th July.