Club Development Officer
The Irish Athletic Boxing Association (IABA) is the National Governing Body of Sport responsible for the development and management of the sport of amateur boxing in Ireland.
The IABA is seeking to appoint a Club Development Officer to support IABA Clubs in funding applications and work with them in all aspects of their development. It is intended that the person will contribute in delivering on areas set out within the IABA strategic plan and build relationships with local sports partnerships that increase the development of boxing locally.
Applicants should ideally have knowledge and experience of sports development, although a graduate may be considered if they can demonstrate a particular focus and passion on club development. They must have excellent interpersonal skills and be enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident in being able to drive forward the implementation of development plans.
DURATION OF POST: This post will be funded initially for 1 year with the possibility of extensions (Probationary period 6 months).
LOCATION: The National Stadium Dublin. This is a national post and the IABA Club development Officer will be expected to travel throughout Ireland at times to meet the demands of the post.
JOB DESCRIPTION/MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop and produce a range of resources, programmes and training that will support clubs, focusing on key issues including grant applications, equality, increasing participation, coach/ volunteer education, child protection and facility development.
- Take responsibility for developing positive relationships with other partners including local authorities, leisure trusts and facilities that increase the development of boxing locally.
- To maintain and develop a working calendar that ensures all grant opportunities are maximised.
- Develop new and innovative projects to access grants from philanthropic organisations.
- Responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of projects and reporting progress to partners;
- Deal with enquires, keeping clubs informed of all funding and training opportunities.
- Lead the development & implementation of the IABA Boxing Club Development Plan.
- Implement the IABA Strategic Plan in areas of Development.
- Work with key partners to review and update audit of existing club facilities and identifypriority opportunities for development.
- Deliver a range of educational training opportunities to clubs, coaches and volunteers
- Support clubs through all stages of capital developments/projects
- Prepare written and oral reports as necessary relating to the post.
- Managing Budgets and Resources relating to the post.
To work in partnership to improve boxing by growing participation and by developing quality boxing clubs in Connaught, Leinster, Munster and parts of Ulster.
Targets for Club Development (IABA)
- Sound internal infrastructure at club level
- Generating investment for clubs
- Boxer and volunteer development
- Grow participation
- Profiling Membership base in Province
Key Areas of Work
The Key Areas of Work link the targets above and the standards required by IABA. They are the areas that the candidate will be judged on but when they are implemented they will ensure stronger clubs in the province.
A comprehensive audit of each club within the province should be undertaken and all findings must to be presented to CEO in a report document.
This should include a range of regional workshops that clubs can attend including Governance, Sports Development, Funding, Child Protection, 1st Aid and Coach and Volunteer Education & Development.
One of the key roles is to make clubs aware of funding opportunities but more importantly ensure clubs are up to standard to apply for funding. Workshops offered to clubs.
Strong communication needed with Boxing Council, Provincial Council, County boards and individual Clubs. This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
The IABA is an Equal Opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for the role of IABA Club Development Officer as indicated above, please
send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience and a brief cover letter outlining your
suitability to the role.
Please submit your application to Sally Kinch, IABA, National Stadium, 145 South Circular Road, Dublin 8 or applicatons may be submitted electronically through the Apply Now Section below
Closing Date for Application: Monday 28th May 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing 4th June 2018